Non-simultaneous file system snapshots as backups

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Non-simultaneous file system snapshots as backups
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I know we allow people to use file system snapshots as backups, but what
happens if they are using tablespaces and they can't do the snapshots
simultaneously?  If there is only one check point happening between the
first and last snapshot, would the WAL logs clean up that inconsistency
like they do for crashes?  I assume the pg_xlog directory would have to
be the last file system snapshotted.  If so, is this something we should
document?

http://enterprisedb.com