Re: How does PG know if data is in memory?

От
Тема Re: How does PG know if data is in memory?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
The discussions I've seen indicated that, in use, tablespaces were at the database level, but, yes, the docs do say
thata table can be assigned to a defined tablespace.  What I still can't find is syntax which establishes
buffers/caches/whateverand assigns them to tablespaces.  Without that, I'm not sure what benefit there is to
tablespaces,other than a sort of RAID-lite.

Robert