Re: trailing whitespace in psql table output

От Roger Leigh
Тема Re: trailing whitespace in psql table output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 09:28:07PM +0300, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Everyone using git diff in color mode will already or soon be aware that
> psql, for what I can only think is an implementation oversight, produces
> trailing whitespace in the table headers, like this:
>
>  two |     f1     $
> -----+------------$
>      | asdfghjkl;$
>      | d34aaasdf$
> (2 rows)$

Does this break the output with "\pset border 2"?

IIRC when I was doing the "\pset linestyle" work, I did look at
doing this, but found that the padding was required in some
cases.  I couldn't tell from looking over the patch whether or
not you were already taking this into account though?

Regards,
Roger

--  .''`.  Roger Leigh: :' :  Debian GNU/Linux             http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/`. `'   Printing on
GNU/Linux?      http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net/  `-    GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848   Please GPG sign your mail.