Re: Git conversion status

От Abhijit Menon-Sen
Тема Re: Git conversion status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 2010-09-21 12:45:20 -0400, tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us wrote:

> Having done that, I now realize that the historical tag "release-6-3"
> is identical to what I applied as REL6_3.  It would probably be
> reasonable to remove "release-6-3", if that's still possible, but
> I'm not clear on how.

You can safely delete the tag from the upstream repository with:
   git push origin :refs/tags/release-6-3

New clones of the repository will not see that tag, but existing clones
will continue to have it. Anyone who runs "git push --tags" from such a
clone without deleting the tag manually (git tag -d release-6-3) will,
however, restore the tag upstream.

I'd say it's not worth the bother.

-- ams

Сообщение: Re: .gitignore files, take two
Сообщение: Re: .gitignore files, take two