Re: Binary protocol support for JDBC

От Radosław Smogura
Тема Re: Binary protocol support for JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

At the begining I would like to ask if those patches, from can be applied to
trunk sources from CVS, because I want to build complete version.

In the second part of message I wuould like to correct a little a method for
BigDecimal I posted before. There, I don't know way was a small mistake in
last "tail" if. In particullary sign number disappered should be
BigInteger(bigDecimalSign, buffer);, and complete version is.

 if (tail % 2 == 1) {
            buffer = new byte[2];
            buffer[0] = number[number.length - 2];
            buffer[1] = number[number.length - 1];
            BigInteger valBigInteger = new BigInteger(bigDecimalSign, buffer);
            unscaledValue = unscaledValue.multiply(nbase).add(valBigInteger);
//                System.out.println("Value (2)  unscaled =" +  unscaledValue
//                        +", valBI = "+ valBigInteger);
        }

I know that this version can work for version 8 of PostgreSQL, but
unfortunalty I don't have sources to check for 7.x versions. I don't know way
how to get valid nbase for given version, so I use nbase encoded in sources
(this nbase doesnt depend on compile parameters). Maybe it isn't problem as
version 9.0 is incoming.

Regards,
Radek