Re: moving system catalogs to another tablespace

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: moving system catalogs to another tablespace
Дата
Re: moving system catalogs to another tablespace  (Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Jaime Casanova wrote:

> now i think that what Euler shows me [1] is a fair compromise (this is
> to allow this only when in standalone mode with system catalogs
> allowed) otherwise we will have diferent behaviour for specific
> (random) catalogs...
>
> [1] http://listas.postgresql.org.br/pipermail/pgbr-geral/2009-March/014374.html

Hmm, I don't necessarily agree that having the system effectively shut
down for the duration of the pg_largeobject move is a good idea.

I don't agree that pg_largeobject is a random catalog either -- it is,
in fact, the only catalog in which an interesting size is to be
expected.