Re: Data folder in differnet filesystem

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Data folder in differnet filesystem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jasen Betts wrote:
> On 2009-09-03, S Arvind <arvindwill@gmail.com> wrote:
> > --001636ed7465170dcf0472ab404d
> >
> > I have 2 doubts related to Filsesytem and Postgres data folder
> >
> > 1.Currently in CentOS,  our postgres data folder is in single filesystem. Is
> > there any possibility to have a single data folder of single postgres in
> > more then one file system.
> > 2.I am having three big DB, is it possible to have a data of each DB in
> > different file system. so if i want to add a DB to postgre i will mount a
> > drive (filesystem ) and point that location for the postgres to use that
> > space.
> >   for eg
> > Filesystem Mounted on
> > /dev/hda3      /data/db1            for DB1
> > /dev/hda4      /data/db2            for DB2
> >

> to be able to mount and unmount databases you will need to use
> separate "clusters",

No, you can also use tablespaces for this.  Just create a directory
inside /data/db1 (say /data/db1/ts) and then CREATE TABLESPACE ts_for_db1
LOCATION '/data/db1/ts'.  Then you can create the database in there.

Сообщение: Re: More Snow Leopard problems...
Сообщение: Re: More Snow Leopard problems...