Concurrency question

От Mark Steben
Тема Concurrency question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Any help here appreciated.

I ran a vacuum verbose analyze on a database over the weekend.  It ran fine
until it tried to vacuum a table less than 2000 pages.  It successfully
acquired a ShareUpdateExclusiveLock as I would expect.
There was an idle thread that had an AccessSharelock on the same table.
Compatible locks I would think. But the vacuum hung until the
AccessSharelock thread was cancelled - 11 hours in all.
This table normally vacuums in less than 15 seconds.   This AccessSharelock
came from a query that formerly was part of a transaction sent from a remote
server.  Could it be that it hung because it was
A transaction?   Even so I thought those lock types were compatible.

As always thanks for your time.

Mark Steben│Database Administrator│
@utoRevenueR "Join the Revenue-tion"
95 Ashley Ave. West Springfield, MA., 01089
413-243-4800 x1512 (Phone) │ 413-732-1824 (Fax)
@utoRevenue is a registered trademark and a division of Dominion Enterprises

Сообщение: Re: Catching up Production from Warm Standby aftermaintenance - Please help
Сообщение: Re: Catching up Production from Warm Standby after maintenance - Please help