Re: libpq is not thread safe

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: libpq is not thread safe
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Another advantage of atfork handler is that you can close all open
> > connection and clean resource (similar to what pkcs11 library does). But
> > at this moment libpq does not keep list of open connections and atfork
> > handler works only with pthreads.
> >
> > > I think writing code to deal with this for the ssl_config mutex is entirely a waste
> > > of time.
> >
> > yeah, I prefer to document it together how to deal with fork() and
> > sessions.
>
> Done, patch attached and applied.

I went with a <warning> because it seemed most appropriate, but it looks
very large:
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/libpq-connect.html

Should it be a notice?

http://enterprisedb.com

От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: plperl error format vs plpgsql error format vs pgTAP
От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: search_path vs extensions