Re: performance for high-volume log insertion

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: performance for high-volume log insertion
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
* david@lang.hm (david@lang.hm) wrote:
> by the way, now that I understand how you were viewing this, I see why
> you were saying that there would need to be a SQL parser. I was missing
> that headache, by going the direction of having the user specify the
> individual components (which has it's own headache)

Right, but really, you're already parsing the SQL to the extent that you
need to, and whatever limitations and headaches that causes you've
already had to deal with through proper escaping and whatnot of your
variables..  So I'm not sure that it'll be all that bad in the end.

If you add this as a new feature that users essentially have to opt-in
to, then I think you can offload alot of the work on to the users for
doing things like fixing quoting (so the $NUM vars aren't quoted).

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: performance for high-volume log insertion
Сообщение: Re: performance for high-volume log insertion