Re: [GENERAL] Postgresql 8.3X supports Arrays of Composite Types?

От David Fetter
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgresql 8.3X supports Arrays of Composite Types?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 06:03:26PM -0300, Robson Fidalgo wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using postgresql 8.3X and I created a table (see example below)
> that has an attribute that is an Array of a Composite Type (ROW).
> However, I do not know how can I insert a record in this table.

You want a normalized table anyhow.  If you want something
denormalized, use a view.

> Example:
>
> CREATE table phone (
>   cod varchar,
>   num varchar);
>
> CREATE TABLE person (
>   name varchar,
>   telephone phone[]);

This is better as:

CREATE TABLE phone (
    cod VARCHAR,
    num VARCHAR,
    PRIMARY KEY(cod, num)
);

CREATE TABLE person (
    name varchar,
    PRIMARY KEY(name)
)

CREATE TABLE person_phone (
    name VARCHAR NOT NULL REFERENCES person(name),
    cod VARCHAR,
    num VARCHAR,
    FOREIGN KEY(cod, num) REFERENCES phone(cod, num),
    PRIMARY KEY(name, cod, num)
);

Cheers,
David.