Re: When adding millions of rows at once, getting out of disk space errors

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: When adding millions of rows at once, getting out of disk space errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 18 February 2009, Mike Christensen <imaudi@comcast.net> wrote:

> ERROR:  could not extend relation 1663/41130/41177: No space left on
> device HINT:  Check free disk space.

> It seems to me there's some sort of "max table size" before you have to
> allocate more space on the disk, however I can't seem to find where
> these settings are and how to allow millions of rows to be inserted into
> a table without having to vacuum every few million rows..

The error indicates that your file system is full. It's not a PostgreSQL
problem. Hence the "hint".

--
A hybrid Escalade is missing the point much in the same way that having a
diet soda with your extra large pepperoni pizza is missing the point.