Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Matt Magoffin (postgresql.org@msqr.us) wrote:
> > I think it must be compiled 64-bit, or he'd not be able to get
> > shared_buffers that high to start with.  However, it's possible that the
> > postmaster's been started under a ulimit setting that constrains each
> > backend to just a few hundred meg of per-process memory.
>
> Here's the output of ulimit -a by the "postgres" user the database is
> running under:
[...]
> I think this means it does not have an artificial memory limit imposed,
> but is there a specific setting beyond these I could check do you think?

How about cat /proc/<pid>/limits for the postmaster?
And maybe:
status
stat
maps

Though I'm kinda grasping at straws here, to be honest.  I've had PG up
and running through >16G of memory at a time before.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5
Сообщение: Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5