Re: Escaping \n

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: Escaping \n
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 05:06:10PM -0400, Terry Lee Tucker wrote:
> HINT:  Use the escape string syntax for escapes, e.g., E'\r\n'.
>
> The problem is a line like 'UPDATE bill SET notes = 'blah, blah, yea\nmore
> stuff';
>
> How to I escape the newline embeded in the string? I've tried the advice from
> HINT, but have been unable to get it to work.

The statement would become:

  UPDATE bill SET notes = E'blah, blah, yea\nmore stuff';

Is this what you tried? I couldn't tell from your message.  If you did,
then maybe your database drivers are somehow mangling the statement
somewhere between your code and the database.  You could try running it
locally from inside psql to find out.

  Sam