Re: libpq.rc make rule

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: libpq.rc make rule
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> Yes, because newer builds may be linked against updated runtime
> versions. We need to be sure the installer will upgrade the file so it
> definitely matches any runtimes (or other dependencies) that we're
> also installing/upgrading.

If it is so very important to update this file for every build, why are we
shipping it in the distribution tarball, which is done under the assumption
that it never has to be updated?  Something doesn't fit here.

Also, does this theory apply to all shared libraries?  What about the ecpg
libraries?

--
Peter Eisentraut