Re: Including PL/PgSQL by default

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Including PL/PgSQL by default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> I probably shouldn't be answering this at two in the morning but... As I
> understand it in a hosted environment it is quite common that a
> superuser will do this:
>
> create database foo owner foo;
>
> Database foo would get plpgsql (as would user foo) at that point
> because  template1 had plpgsql.

I'm not seeing the benefit:

alvherre=# create user plpg;
CREATE ROLE
alvherre=# create database plpg owner plpg;
CREATE DATABASE
alvherre=# \c plpg plpg
plpg=> create language plpgsql;
CREATE LANGUAGE
plpg=>

Yes, this is new in 8.3.

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: OSSP can be used in the windows environment now!
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Linking backend in one piece