Re: Batch update of indexes on data loading

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Batch update of indexes on data loading
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Itagaki-san,

> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > > The basic concept is spooling new coming data, and merge the spool and
> > > the existing indexes into a new index at the end of data loading. It is
> > > 5-10 times faster than index insertion per-row, that is the way in 8.3.

Thanks so much for doing this.  For one thing, it will vastly improve
PostgreSQL's ability to run industry-standard benchmarks.  As well as making
dump/reload much less painful.

> I heard it is used in Falcon storage engine in MySQL, so it seems to be
> not so unrealistic approach.

I don't think we want to copy any spec from Falcon ... it's a year (or more)
behind schedule.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Сообщение: Re: Including PL/PgSQL by default
Сообщение: Re: Including PL/PgSQL by default