Re: Fwd: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Fwd: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andy Colson escribió:
> Robert Treat wrote:

>> Would a pre-requisite for any new SCM to be anointed as *the* new SCM
>> that the buildfarm can be reconfigured to run with it?  Unless there is
>> an SCM2CVS option available I suppose... how many SCM's support such a
>> thing?
>
> I dont think the buildfarm needs to require CVS.  The code can be
> changed in the buildfarm to just run 'svn up' or 'git up and go' (sorry,
> never used git so I had to guess at the command :-) )  right?

In fact I don't see why the buildfarm couldn't be configurable to use
whatever tool/repo the user sees fit.  It's easy enough to detect
whether a checked out copy is SVN or git or whatever, and act
accordingly.

Сообщение: Re: Fwd: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Сообщение: Re: Fwd: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan