Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 22:07:06 +0100
Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 15:46:22 -0500
> > Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >
> >> Seems like a wiki page with links to pgsql-patches archive entries
> >> would be easy.  But an issue for any of this is who has permissions
> >> to edit the queue?  I concur that "Bruce only" is the wrong answer,
> >> but I'm not sure "anyone with a wiki account" is the right answer.
> >
> > The Wiki accounts are controlled to a degree. If the page gets
> > abused we remove the privilege. Remember we can always rollback
> > changes. This is no different than email moderation imo.
>
> Is it technically possible to set permissions on a per-page basis?

That I can't answer but consider that the people that are putting info
on the wiki are mostly people we trust. We just make it clear that if
you are a jack ass you will have your account removed.

IMO, we are putting entirely too much energy into controlling flow of
text here. You have to log in to change the text, the text is
revertible as is the ability to log in in the first place.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> //Magnus

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan