An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.

От Stef
Тема An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.
Дата
Re: An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi all,

I'm using jboss 4.0.2 and j2sdk version 1.5.0_11-b03
connecting to postgresql 8.1.4 using the jdbc3 postgres
driver.

I'm using the Connection pool manager of JBoss to control
the connections to the database. When I restart postgres
without restarting JBoss as well, I get this error reported in JBoss :
An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.

The problem is that JBoss never recovers from this , and it's only fixed
when I restart JBoss. I can understand that this error may happen
occasionally, but I need to be able to recover from this situation
without restarting JBoss.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do?

Kind Regards
Stefan