Re: reserving space in a rec for future update

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: reserving space in a rec for future update
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 11:31:11AM -0500, Gauthier, Dave wrote:
> Thanks for the advanced warning about problems with vaccuum !

Note this isn't a _problem_ with vacuum, exactly, it's just the set of
compromises that PostgreSQL has settled on.  There are other ways of
cleaning up the system ("defrag", of the sort you were implying is one, "pay
the cost during transaction" is another one, &c.).  The piper has to be
paid, and all we're doing is arguing about what currency we'll use :)

Andrew Sullivan
Old sigs will return after re-constitution of blue smoke

Сообщение: Re: reserving space in a rec for future update
Сообщение: Re: reserving space in a rec for future update