Re: Another small patch...

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Another small patch...
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> > ... this time, for maintenance.sgml.
>
> Applied, thanks.  I'm wondering whether this should be
>
>     <para>
> !    <productname>PostgreSQL</productname>'s
> !    <xref linkend="sql-vacuum" endterm="sql-vacuum-title"> command has to run on
> !    a regular basis for several reasons:
>
> instead.  I didn't try to compile it so maybe the output is not OK.

OK, I need opinions on this issue.  We currently have output that looks
like

"PostgreSQL's Vacuum (/Section 10.4.2/) command has to run ..."
(the part between // is a clickable link)

but with the patch above, it would show up as
"PostgreSQL's /Vacuum/ command has to run ..."

Is there a preferred way to link?  I notice there is plenty of usage of
both forms.

I wonder what does printed output look like?  Does it just just lose the
reference?

--
Alvaro Herrera                          Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org/
Al principio era UNIX, y UNIX habló y dijo: "Hello world\n".