Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)

От Decibel!
Тема Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 02:50:58PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian escribi??:
> >> Oh, one more thing.  I think it is illustrative to look at the areas we
> >> _didn't_ change when we went from "Postgres95" to "PostgreSQL":  the
> >> super-user name and the backend binary name.  Those were kept as
> >> "postgres", and I remember no questions about why those are "postgres".
> >
> > Well, that's easy: those correspond to "postgresql" truncated to 8 chars ;-)
>
> Actually, on FreeBSD, super user is pgsql, not postgres ...

Speaking of which... is the maintainer someone in our community? It's
always drove me nuts that it's pgsql in FreeBSD, because if you try and
move the dump anywhere else it's a huge PITA. And you can't do a simple
search and replace because of plpgsql.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        decibel@decibel.org

Вложения