Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Дата
Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)  (Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Oh, one more thing.  I think it is illustrative to look at the areas we
_didn't_ change when we went from "Postgres95" to "PostgreSQL":  the
super-user name and the backend binary name.  Those were kept as
"postgres", and I remember no questions about why those are "postgres".

What that means to me is that "Postgres" was easily associates with
"PostgreSQL", and if we change our name to "Postgres", "PostgreSQL" will
still be easily associates with the project, so perhaps we don't need to
change the name of the download binaries or postgresql.conf.