Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)

От Robert Bernier
Тема Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Дата
Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)  ("Gavin M. Roy" <gmr@myyearbook.com>)
Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
> > How about a vote?
> >
> > How many people feel we should adopt 'postgres' for the '9.0'
> > reference documentation (let's leave the issue of the tons of work
> > involved out of the debate for the moment)?

+1

> I agree with doing it without any fanfare.

I wonder.

Wouldn't it be a good marketing move to put a "vote for a name change" on the website's front page? The idea would be
tomake announcements all over the place like slashdot, digg etc. and asking the average joe for his input. You know the
saying,"there's no such thing as bad press".

Thoughts?

Robert

Сообщение: Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Сообщение: Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)