Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL: fight

От David Fetter
Тема Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL: fight
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 06:35:16PM +0200, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
> Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
>
> >One major difference of MySQL is that it provides SQL hints.  This
> >alleviates the issues with slow complex joins, but is obviously a
> >dangerous tool if not used wisely.  That being said, it can often
> >be a very quick fix, whereas in PostgreSQL you do not have such
> >tools if you ever need them.
>
> One more thing...MySQL currently has horrible performance for sub
> selects.  This will improve slightly in 5.1 and is scheduled to be
> "solved" with 5.2

Given MySQL AB's track record, I'll believe it when I see independent
confirmation.

Cheers,
David.
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL: fight
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL: fight