Re: Async Commit, v21 (now: v22)

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Async Commit, v21 (now: v22)
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 02:08:00PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Florian Weimer wrote:
>
> > I think fsync=off also endagers metadata, while synchronous_commit=off
> > should be perfectly safe as far as the metadata is concerned.
> > Wouldn't this be worth mentioning as well?
>
> Is it true that a transaction is turned into sync commit as soon as it
> writes on a system catalog?  Is it desirable to make it so?

If we don't do that then regular users have the ability to put the
catalog (and by extension everything else) at risk... I think we need
that, though it would be nice if it wasn't an issue for temporary
objects (but I can't see any way to accomplish that).
--
Jim Nasby                                      decibel@decibel.org

Вложения