Re: [DOCS] rename of a view

От David Fetter
Тема Re: [DOCS] rename of a view
Дата
Re: [DOCS] rename of a view  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
Список pgsql-patches
On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 01:48:51AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> > For the ALTER SEQUENCE case, I think it's also a little weird to
> > have an ALTER SEQUENCE command that modifies some of the
> > properties of a sequence, but not the sequence's name. While that
> > argument doesn't apply to ALTER VIEW at the moment, recent history
> > suggests that it may only be a matter of time before we need to
> > add an ALTER VIEW command anyway...
>
> OK, that's a fairly convincing argument.  Fire away.
>
> (I'm still not sure you found all the relevant places in the
> documentation, however.)

Here's a new patch + file.  This one allows ALTER [SEQUENCE | VIEW] to
work only on the respective database objects, but permits the old
ALTER TABLE syntax.

Cheers,
David.
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: dblink connection security
Сообщение: Re: dblink connection security