Re: Multiple row update with trigger

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: Multiple row update with trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Derrick Betts <list@blueaxis.com> schrieb:
> Does anyone have any good ideas as to how I might solve this problem?
> Perhaps even taking a completely different approach in some way?

Maybe with a RULE instead a TRIGGER. A Rule, with DO INSTEAD. For
example, a RULE like

create or replace rule my_rule as on update to my_table do instead update
my_table ...

I'm not sure, try it.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/rules-update.html

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)