Re: CyberSquatter

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: CyberSquatter
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Stephane,

> There is in France a society, with no link to PostgreSQL that uses the
> domain names postgresql.fr and postgres.fr. I think they registered
> these domain names a few years ago, certainly before the french
> association was registered. I'm not sure they did before Jean-Paul
> Argudo registered PostgreSQLFr.org.
>
> Is there a legal way to take back these domain names.

I do not believe that we ever had those domain names.  I believe they have
always belonged to the current news gateway operator, Open-Source.fr.

It has not been the practice of the PostgreSQL project to assert trademark
against domain holders.  It is dubious at this point whether we *could* do
so, as the defendant would be able to point to numerous domains which the
PGDG does not control.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun