Re: COPY with no WAL, in certain circumstances

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: COPY with no WAL, in certain circumstances
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Saturday 06 January 2007 16:40, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Yes, because it is possible to do in all cases.
> >
> > Very happy to add documentation where Tom suggested.
> >
> > Reason for no documentation was that CREATE INDEX and CREATE TABLE AS
> > SELECT already use this optimisation, but to my knowledge neither was/is
> > documented on those command pages.
>
> I wasn't aware those used the optimization.  Seems they all should be
> documented somewhere.

Might I suggest somewhere under chapter 27, with something akin to what we
have for documenting lock levels and the different operations that use them.
We document the reasons you want to avoid WAL and various operations in the
database that do this automagically.

--
Robert Treat