Solution for pgsql odbc driver missing from Windows data sources drivers list

От Howard B. Golden
Тема Solution for pgsql odbc driver missing from Windows data sources drivers list
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi, I installed PostgreSQL but the pgsql ODBC driver didn't appear in the Windows XP Data Sources drivers list. I
lookedin the Windows registry and all the keys were the way they should be, but still no PostgreSQL ODBC driver!

Googling, I found the following entry on the Oracle(!) forum (see
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=254411&tstart=15):

                                     dcpanton@canada...

wrote:

> Re: ODBC Driver Install Problem.

                     > dunno if this will fix your problem, but it fixed mine...

> Apparently there's a bug in a version of MySQL that inserts an invalid entry into

> HKLM\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers

> Solution:

> Export the "HKLM\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers" key.

> edit the exported file to remove the line "@=" and save it. (anything below this line doesn't show up in ODBC Admin
list)

> delete the registry key.

> merge your saved key file.