Re: Simple stored procedure examples?

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Simple stored procedure examples?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, novnov wrote:

> Thanks to both of you for responding. I should have included the code for my
> own attempt, at #1 which is just as you suggest:
>
> update item set itemname = 'fox';
>
> I've tried single, and double quoting the table and field names; call caps
> to the UPDATE etc, exactly matching the capitalization of the table and
> field names (really Item and ItemName).
>
> I wonder if "Item" is a reserved word in pgsql?

I used an "Item" table as well, and I can't think of anything between 8.1
and 8.2 beta that would make a difference. If the admin tool quoted the
name (which it probably did given the function declaration you showed
next), then you have to both double quote and match the capitalization in
order to reference the table (none of Item, item or "item" will match a
table created as "Item").

If you pull out the create functions and calls from my earlier example, do
you get the same failures as with your attempt?