in failed sql transaction

От Ralf Wiebicke
Тема in failed sql transaction
Дата
Re: in failed sql transaction  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Re: in failed sql transaction  (Ralf Wiebicke <ralf.wiebicke@exedio.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi all!

I just realized the following behaviour in postgresql: when I violate any
constraint (unique constraint in my case) then the transaction is not usable
anymore. Any other sql command returns a "in failed sql transaction" error.
All other databases I used up to now just ignore the statement violating the
constraint, but leave the transaction intact.

Is this intended behaviour or rather a bug? Or is there any way to "switch on"
the behaviour I'd like to see?

Best regards,
Ralf.

--