Removing duplicate keys and updating deleted entry key in other table

От Srinivas Iyyer
Тема Removing duplicate keys and updating deleted entry key in other table
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
hello group:

I have a table that has 19 duplicte entries:

table - sequence:
 seq_id |  seq_refseq  |    seq_gname
--------+--------------+-----------------
  33014 | NM_025196    | GRPEL1
  33015 | NM_007186    | CEP2
  33016 | NM_018148    | LINS1
  33017 | NM_199166    | ALAS1

I suspected there are some duplicate entries:

>select seq_refseq,count(*) as score from sequence
group by seq_refseq having count(*) > 1;
  seq_refseq  | score
--------------+-------
 NM_033421    |     2
 NM_018290    |     2
 NM_005311    |     2
(19 rows)

> select * from sequence where
  seq_refseq ='NM_033421';

 seq_id | seq_refseq | seq_gname
--------+------------+-----------
  43535 | NM_033421  | C20orf161
  43554 | NM_033421  | C20orf161
(2 rows)

Now that 19 records are duplicated, I want to delete
the duplicated records from other table comb:

Table comb:

>select * from comb;
  cid   |  gid  | seq_id
--------+-------+--------
  85830 |  5116 |  33014
  85831 | 22191 |  33014
  85832 | 22186 |  33014

for some i checked to see if any records holds the
duplicated key. i found none for 3 or 4 cases.

select * from comb where comb.seq_id = 43539;
 cid | gid | seq_id
(0 rows)

my question is how do I delete the duplicate row and
make sure I update the comb table after I delete the
duplicate key.

I never did this before and is a complex problem for
me to code.

could any one please help me.

thanks
sri