Re: BUG #2526: records lost

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: BUG #2526: records lost
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 08:58:43PM +0000, wee goh wrote:
> i discovered records in my postgresql database missing every 6 - 8 months. i
> supsect those not updated or amended are the ones that are gone, still
> wondering the real reason behind ? i doubt is lack of vaccum as my
> transactions are minnimal, inserting about 200 records each month and
> updating about 1000 records each month.

How much querying are you doing?  Are you vacuuming at all?  What's
the output of the following command?

SELECT datname, age(datvacuumxid) AS vage, age(datfrozenxid) AS fage
FROM pg_database;

Do the server logs contain any unusual messages?  Have you had any
hardware problems or system crashes?

--
Michael Fuhr