Re: UUID's as primary keys

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: UUID's as primary keys
Дата
Re: UUID's as primary keys
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 12:03:40PM +0200, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> OK. I thought you always had a type descriptor handy when reading the
> binary representation. I've noticed that the typmod is expected in some
> receive functions (bpcharrecv and numeric_recv for instance). Are you
> saying that there are times when you don't use that?

The input functions get it, the output functions (bpcharout,
bpcharsend, etc) don't. Which makes it kind of hard to print a raw
value if you don't know how long it's going to be. They used to, but
that was removed some time back. It's a security issue IIRC, since any
user could call raw_out(field, 2048) and get whatever was in the 2K of
data after that field.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения