Re: How can I retrieve a function result?

От Joachim Wieland
Тема Re: How can I retrieve a function result?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Luis,

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 06:24:24PM -0500, Luis Alberto Pérez Paz wrote:
> res = PQexecParams ( conn, "select myFunction($1,$2,$3)" , 3, NULL,
> paramValues, paraLenghts, paramFormats, resultFormat);

> It's works fine, however I dont know how can I retrieve the result that
> return the FUNCTION "myFunction". "myFunction" is a postgres FUNCTION which
> returns a INT.

libpq functions for retrieving query results are described here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/libpq-exec.html#LIBPQ-EXEC-SELECT-INFO
Have you tried them and do you have a special problem with one of those? If
so, please give more detail.

Getting the result of a function does not differ from getting the result of
a regular select of a table or view.

Joachim