Re: LIKE, leading percent, bind parameters and indexes

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: LIKE, leading percent, bind parameters and indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 10:43:18PM +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> I don't know the planner internals, so this might not make any sense at
> all, but how about having separate index scan and fetch nodes. Index scan
> would return index tuples and fetch would get the corresponding heap
> tuples. You could then have whatever you want between them, perhaps
> deferring the fetch step until just before returning the rows to the
> client.

That's kinda what a bitmap scan does. Although, we never fetch tuples
unless you're going to use the result in some way...

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Сообщение: Re: LIKE, leading percent, bind parameters and indexes
Сообщение: Re: LIKE, leading percent, bind parameters and indexes