Re: Compiling PL/Perl and Pl/Python on x86_64

От imacat
Тема Re: Compiling PL/Perl and Pl/Python on x86_64
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 21 May 2006 16:35:24 -0700 (PDT)
gede wawan <gde_wawan@yahoo.com> wrote:
> relocation R_X86_64_32 can not be used when making a shared object;
> recompile with -fPIC
   May I ask how?  I have tried to edit src/makefiles/Makefile.linux
and changed -fpic to -fPIC, but it does not help.  Maybe I should set
the flag elsewhere?
   Actually, I have made some tests.  I found that in the PostgreSQL
document, Perl must be built as shared library:

> 14.2. Requirements
> To build the server programming language PL/Perl you need a full Perl
> installation, including the libperl library and the header files. Since
> PL/Perl will be a shared library, the  libperl library must be a shared
> library also on most platforms. This appears to be the default in recent
> Perl versions, but it was not in earlier versions, and in any case it is
> the choice of whomever installed Perl at your site.
   But, on my i386 machine, I can build PL/Perl with static library
(libperl.a).  But I can't do that on x86_64 anymore.  Can somebody tell
me why, or where should I referring to?
   The same issue goes to PL/Python.  I'm not good at Python, but I
know that I was building static library before, and it works for
PL/Python on i386.  But it does not work anymore on x86_64, too.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>

Tavern IMACAT's: http://www.imacat.idv.tw/