Re: Transactions per second

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Transactions per second
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 12:09:45AM +0300, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> ??hel kenal p??eval, N, 2006-05-04 kell 17:23, kirjutas Jim Nasby:
> > I often find myself wanting to know how many transactions per second
> > a database is committing to disk, as well as how many queries per
> > second it's processing. While Larry's busy making stats changes, I'd
> > like to propose a few more counters:
> >
> > Number of commits: Ideally, this would only count transactions that
> > actually modify data
>
> I' prefer one counter for total and one for data modifying statements.

The reason I added in a transaction counter is because that's the only
thing that tells you about the fsync rate on the WAL.

> > Number of statements: Simply, how many statements have been executed
> > Number of DML statements: how many insert/update/delete statements
> > executed.
>
> I'd like to add a request for function call counters, presented to user
> as view pg_stat_user_functions, similar in content to current
> pg_stat_user_tables.
>
> actually I'd like to have the following data gathered for each function:
>
> call count
> total call time
> min running time
> max running time
Wouldn't capturing timing statistics for short-running functions be too
prohibitive? I'm thinking this is similar to the overheads we see with
EXPLAIN ANALYZE...
> I'd also like a possibility to gather information about usage of locks
> for both function calls and simple DML statements.

What do you mean by 'usage of locks'?