Re: Calendar vs. Timestamp

От Wei Wei
Тема Re: Calendar vs. Timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> > Is 8.1 driver compatible with PG 8.0? I can easily update the PG
> > version on my development box. But, it wouldn't easy for the
> > deployment box.
> >

> Yes, the 8.1 driver is backward compatible with all server releases
> back to 7.2.  As always it's good to test on your development box
> first, but I don't see any problems with an upgrade.

After having a 8.1 driver, the timestamp is stored correctly in the DB. So, it indeed is a bug in the 8.0 driver.

I would like to clarify one observation. The timestamp seems only take the date section data of a calendar object
regardlessthe value of the time zone. If so, a calendar object with a specified time zone would not make any difference
incomparsion to a calendar object with the default time zone. Or, the default time zone is always used in PG.

Thanks.

Сообщение: Re: FastPath blocked when ERROR is thrown
Сообщение: Re: FastPath blocked when ERROR is thrown