BUG #2333: dropdb ignores the database name argument

От kevin barnes
Тема BUG #2333: dropdb ignores the database name argument
Дата
Re: BUG #2333: dropdb ignores the database name argument  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2333
Logged by:          kevin barnes
Email address:      vinbarnes@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1
Operating system:   ubuntu 5.10
Details:

In the 8.1 release on Unbuntu 5.10 there is an error with the dropdb command
in /usr/bin. The error manifests itself by not respecting the DBNAME
argument. It assumes that you want to connect to a database named 'postgres'
and ignores whatever argument you give it. The error returned is:

dropdb: database removal failed: ERROR:  database "postgres" does not exist

The error is actually correct, because I do not have a database named
postgres, but the command does not work correctly.

I downgraded through apt-get to 8.0 and dropdb works as expected. I believe
the version I was running was 8.1.3.