BUG #2216: Cannot unregister service

От Taworn T.
Тема BUG #2216: Cannot unregister service
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2216
Logged by:          Taworn T.
Email address:      taworn@yahoo.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.2
Operating system:   Windows XP
Details:

I've install PGSQL 8.1 as Windows service, using following command line:

"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL-8.1\bin\pg_ctl.exe" register -N PostgreSQL81 -D
"<path_to_data>" -U Postgres

The result is success and I can use PGSQL as usual.

But when I uninstall service using following command line:

"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL-8.1\bin\pg_ctl.exe" unregister -N PostgreSQL81

pg_ctl.exe is crashed!! with error reporting (to Microsoft) screen:

"pg_ctl.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for
the inconvenience."

And the PGSQL service remains and can still be used.

Please note that version 8.0 does not has this bug.
I've encountered this problem when migrating to 8.1.
I've also recreate database cluster with version 8.1 but it has the same
error.

The version I've downloaded is
postgresql-8.1.2-1-binaries-no-installer.zip.

Regards,
Taworn T.

PS: Sorry about my poor English Y_Y