Re: Having tough time getting php working for postgresql..

От
Тема Re: Having tough time getting php working for postgresql..
Дата
Список pgsql-php
> Hello,
>
> I was having trouble with setting up php-pgsql, but
> I think I have it
> up and running. Before I attempt to move forward
> with attempting to
> code without knowing if the environment is setup
> correctly, does
> anybody know what exactly I am looking for in the
> phpinfo() tables. I
> did a find for pgsql, postgre, etc. and didn't find
> anything.
>
> I am running Windows XP Pro, Apache 2, PHP 5.1.1,
> PostgreSQL 8.0.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Patrick

1. test for the apache test page (prior to php
install).
2. test that phpinfo() displays (after php install).
3. edit->find to search for "sql" until you find the
reference to postgresql.  it should tell you what
version you are using.  of course, this is after pgsql
has been installed.

i also discuss how to use pgadminIII to test that
pgsql is working in the link to the install
instructions i posted earlier today.

once you get everything set up, you may want to
consider a db abstraction layer (i use adodb and find
it quite robust) and a forms generation and validation
class (i use manuel lemos' from phpclasses.org).  it
is also very nice.