Re: connect to another db

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: connect to another db
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Robert Wimmer <seppwimmer@hotmail.com> schrieb:

> hi,
>
> a schema wouldnt help. i have to import data from a different PG db.dblink
> would be the right choice, but i think i need a NIX OS to install it ? PG
> runs on windows in the company I work for...

How often du you need this import? Is the different PG db on the same
machine?
At work i have also different PG db's on the same machine, and now i
know i need connections between tables on different db's. Now i have a
new server and i transform old db's to the new server to one db, but
different schemas. I think, this is a good solution.

> is the perl solution available on windows ? i think there is no plperl
> installed on windows.

I don't know, i hate windows and don't use this. But i think, plperl are
also available under this OS. But i'm not sure.

> >From: "A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com>

Please, no silly top-posting.

HTH, Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)