Re: Incremental results from libpq

От Frank van Vugt
Тема Re: Incremental results from libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> >> Is there a better way?
> >
> > Not at the moment.  It's been requested before though, so if you
> > want to develop a patch for libpq, have at it.

> Cool. I think I'll get my own interface hashed out in my kludgey way,
> then look at the broader need if it's a success.

Just FYI, I'm interested in this extension as well.

At the moment, the PostgreSQL driver in TrollTech's Qt will fetch the complete
result of any select-query as opposed to for example the Oracle driver which
will fetch just the rows that are desired. This results in the fact that for
example database-enabled tables in the UI won't do the initial paint as
'snappy' as they could since although they will show only part of the
result-set, the underlying driver is still picking up the complete set or
records from the backend.

--
Best,

Frank.

Сообщение: Re: Incremental results from libpq
Сообщение: Re: Incremental results from libpq