Re: Performance on SUSE w/ reiserfs

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Performance on SUSE w/ reiserfs
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jon,

> Any help you can give in this would be extrememly helpful as I'm very
> far from an expert on Linux filesystems and postgres tuning.

See Tom's response; it may be that you don't have an issue at all.

If you do, it's probably the kernel, not the FS.  2.6.8 and a few other
2.6.single-digit kernels had memory leaks in shmem that would cause
gradually escalating swappage.  The solution to that one is to upgrade to
2.6.11.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Сообщение: Re: Performance on SUSE w/ reiserfs
Сообщение: Re: Performance on SUSE w/ reiserfs