Re: Publishing and PostgreSQL

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Publishing and PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 05:04:36AM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> Yes, I think Josh left out that part of the story... that for a lot of people
> qualified to write a book you can make more doing consulting work.

Well, I suppose; but I suspect in this line of work, you need to
think of the book as a loss leader.  The work is lost opportunity,
but it will later drive up your rates as "Author of _x_".  Or, that's
how it's rumoured to work, anyway ;-)

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Information security isn't a technological problem.  It's an economics
problem.
        --Bruce Schneier

Сообщение: Re: EnterpriseDB - what happens to pgsql?
Сообщение: Re: EnterpriseDB - what happens to pgsql?