Re: Postgres in government

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Postgres in government
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 10:19:16AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
> > Sandia Labs
> > US Army
> > Dept of Forestry
> > State of California
> > NCSA
> > NOAA
>
> Wow, amazingly enough, the above doesn't include any of the three.
> Is there a Federal agency *not* using PostgreSQL?

I doubt it.

As I see it, PostgreSQL is in approximately the position that Linux,
Apache, Perl, &c. were in the late 1990s, which is to say that it's
already been sneaked, er, I mean "informally deployed" into just about
every IT organization worth the name, and is just starting to get some
official recognition.

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!